I brought a piece of Indiana home with me.  It was snowing when I arrived in Indiana last Thursday, but Dad had a few green tomatoes left on his vines. I brought them home with me and today for lunch I had them and enjoyed every bite. I'm on a nutrition plan which doesn't involve bread or flour, but today I set that aside for one of my favorite things.

Sliced with salt &pepper &dredged in whole wheat flour.
The only way to serve them, on butter bread, sliced in quarters



Frying them in bacon grease

The Final Product...yummy

Comments

c. Joy said…
As a daughter of the South I have to disagree, they are best when dredged in cornmeal and served with greens, fried chicken and cornbread. I'm pretty sure the cornmeal dredging is a law in the state of Georgia...
MommaFaziBear said…
Sometimes when people have alternate solutions to the way I've eaten things for years, I think .... oh I'll have to try that, but I have to say, I have no wiggle room with fried green tomatoes. They must be the way I had them yesterday or they simply don't satisfy me. Hofbrau has a fried green tomato sandwich and it never satisfies my need for that special taste of my upbringing. So I understand, Joy, how you have your food memories. Funny how food does that to us.
mike55 said…
I'm glad you enjoyed!! I will tell our father you really liked them and said "THANKS DAD"
TheArtistAunt said…
I have not had my yet. Maybe I need to have mike up to share with me. I can do them without the bread but he wants the bread! Good to me either way.